Thursday, November 15, 2007

2007 Boys' Life 2007 "Say Yes to Reading!" Award

In an effort to encourage the Scouts to read I want to make everyone aware of a special award that is available. It is the “Say Yes to Reading” offered by Boys’ Life Magazine. I am hoping to get our entire Den on the stage in January to receive this wonderful award. It only takes about an hour for your Scout to earn this award. All he has to do is write about his favorite book he read this year.

Attached is a form I created to help him get his report in to receive this special award from Boys’ Life. Please do not feel that your Scout cannot earn this award as everyone who tries their best and makes a good effort on writing will receive this award.

However, I need the help of all the Akelas in getting these forms back as soon as possible so we can get them submitted together so we can all get our awards at the same time. I will follow up in a couple weeks to see how everyone is progressing on their reports.

If you have any questions, please call me.

P.S. I will have some blank forms with me at Tucker.

No comments:

Post a Comment